Tuesday, July 23, 2019


Give Me

By Leah Auma Okeyo Otieno

Give me the knowledge to know
That my suffering may be fairer
That I would not easily swap.

If I was given a chance.

Give me the light to shed
On the dark corners so dark
And give me the wisdom to know
Where the darkness is.


Give me the stage to shout out
My voice for ages drowned
And give me the ears to hear
My wants and feel with me.

Give me the power to transform
The societies that need change
And give me the power to avail
The tools that do the job.

Give me the joy of life, let me see it as a privilege
Open my eyes to see, for sight is a privilege too
Guide my hands to reach out, and hold who grope in darkness
For touch is a privilege too, that can mend broken hearts

Leah Auma Okeyo Otieno is the founder of PACHO (Positive and Active Towards Change Organization).  She is a community leader, inspirational speaker, poet and more!
For more information visit her website at http://leahokeyo.weebly.com/pacho.html

No comments:

Post a Comment